Laws are made to act as guidelines for better living. It straightens out conflicts and answers questions. They are meant to show us light. But this word seems to be abused. Weird laws from around the world have grown like mushrooms. Sad to say that these weird laws, no matter how dumb or funny they are, we still have to abide by them. Here are some of those weird laws:
1. In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays. – the one who made this might be a battered husband.
2. In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping. – so don’t sleep while you drive. And use the GPS, please.
3. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death. – one of my favorite weird laws.
4. In France, it is against the law to sell an “E.T.” doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces. - is it applicable to avatars?
5. In Florida, it is illegal to fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays. – save it.
6. In Samoa, it’s a crime to forget your own wife’s birthday. – better write it down.
7. In England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the Queen upside down. – Queen up, please.
8. Portugal, it’s against the law to pee in the ocean. - look for a river.
9. In Victoria, Australia after mid day on Sunday, it’s illegal to wear pink hot pants. – it gets hotter.
10. In Iowa, after 5 minutes of kissing you’re breaking the law. = so make it quick.
No matter how weird they are, there is no other choice but to follow them. Weird laws by weird law makers.