If you smoke:
· You will be twelve times more likely to die from lung cancer.
· You will be ten times more likely to die from some form of lung disease.
· You will be ten times more likely to die from cancer of the larynx.
· You will be six times more likely to die of heart disease.
· You will be twice as likely to die of a stroke.
Now let’s just think for one short moment: wouldn’t it be very important for you to increase your chances of living from two to twelve times longer, gain many extra years of happy, healthy existence, and save thousands of dollars in increased medical costs? Another overlooked benefit is the amount of money saved by not buying cigarettes in the first place.
[source: HOW TO STOP SMOKING FOREVER]